Londonderry Schools Propose $475K in Security Upgrades
The School Board will meet Tuesday to discuss the warrant article.
The School Board will meet Tuesday to discuss efforts to increase security in Londonderry schools.
According to the Union Leader, the School Board heard a presentation last week on the current building security procedures and proposed security enhancements. The total cost is estimated at around $470,000.
Among the suggested security enhancements were:
- Limiting the number of access points in school buildings
- Securing outside entry
- Monitoring outside doors
- Having a containment area in the front lobby
- Enhancing the process of identifying and registering visitors before leaving the lobby
- Ongoing training with the Londonderry Police Department
- Improving communications by providing enhanced radio equipment and installing panic buttons
- Expanding and upgrading security cameras
- Upgrading inside classroom door locks
[A PDF of last week's proposal to the School Board is attached to the right of this story.]