Memorial Service Sunday for Boy Killed in Fire
Garrett Grice was just 17 months old when he died in a fire at the Whispering Pines mobile home park on Dec. 20.
A public memorial service will be held Sunday for the boy killed last month in a fire in Londonderry, according to WMUR.
Seventeen-month-old Garrett Grice died on Dec. 20 in a fire in a mobile home at the Whispering Pines mobile home park. The cause of death was smoke inhalation.
The fire marshal's office said the fire started when cooking oil was ignited after a burner on the stove was turned on by a child. The mother was unaware the burner had been turned on and left the residence for several minutes with that child to see a relative across the street. Garrett Grice was alone in the residence, sleeping in a crib in a bedroom, when the fire started.
Sunday's memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. at the Halcyon Club in Derry.
A memorial fund has been set up for Grice's family. Anyone wishing to make a donation can send it to:
The Garrett Grice Memorial Fund
Citizen's Bank, 1550 North Elm St.
Manchester, NH 03101